Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Russian Roulette


el fishy le tomate, originally uploaded by aznkey.

We played a dangerous game last night. Some people were hurt. Some were extremely lucky. No one knew they were playing... We were having our detox dinner last night and It was certainly unsuspected for Felicia to say that a tomato she just ate tasted like fish. She described the horrid taste of raw fish that she had just experienced to her skeptical audience. My aunt suggested that she may have been eating a piece of fish before hand. And my uncle said that there was no way his home grown tomatoes, fresh from the yard, could taste like fish. Unless... the bowl they were in was used to defrost the fish we were having. He then took a tomato from the bowl and ate it. Frustrated, Felicia stated that she was not stupid and was sure that it was not the fish we were eating. Having doubts myself I tried a tomato myself and agreed with my uncle that the tomatoes were fine.
We continued to eat. About 10 minutes later I reached for another tomato and boy was that a mistake. There was an explosion of foul fish in my mouth that reminded of me of a rotting corpse plant. I was close to vomiting as I tried to tell everyone that I had just experienced the sensation that Felicia was describing earlier. A smile appeared on Felicia's face, she was not crazy. We tossed ideas around for what could have been the cause of this phenomenon. There was still doubt in those who have not yet been enlightened. Dinner was almost over when my uncle screamed, " EHHh I got it. I got it!" as he splat into his bowl. He had just bit into the last tomato.

1 Comments:

Blogger charsiubao said...

... those tomatoes sound like they'd be perfect for one of those silly tvb variety show games

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters