Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Warm Stonefruit Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream

I expected the cobbler to be at least a bit warm but instead it was served at room temperature. It was still great though, I'm sure I would have finished it if i wasn't so full. The crumble on top had an excellent balance of texture between bread like and crunch. The scoop of pale vanilla ice cream was certainly home made and packed with a billion tiny seeds. The cooked peach underneath was a bit tart for me, but i guess it is okay if you eat it with the ice cream.

The other dessert which i don't have a picture of was a dark chocolate mousse. It was a bit more dense than some of the other mousse i've had. But it was certainly rich, dark, and smooth.
Overall but desserts were decent, but not exceptional. I guess I also expected a bit more on presentation. I mean, presentation wise, it could have been made in any other kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters